Finger picks are a rather obscure accessory for anyone who is not an avid acoustic guitar player. Even then, only those who prefer the finger style are likely to be familiar with these picks. Today we are going to give you a short intro to finger picks, explain what they are used for and show […]
Despite how viable and popular fingerstyle technique is, there is no denying that guitar picks are the dominant choice for most guitar players out there. When you just start out with this instrument, a pick is just a necessity which you pay very little attention to. After all, just holding it correctly and getting a […]
Guitar players have a variety of accessories and tools at their disposal, all of which are aimed at enhancing one’s performance. Truth is that some of these tools are more popular than others, especially in the main stream. Guitar chairs and stools are often forgotten or written off as unnecessary. After all, there’s not much […]
Locking tuners are one of the latest hot accessories to hit the mainstream. So much so that some guitar manufacturers ship their guitars with locking tuners installed. However, there is a lot of misinformation going on about this type of tuning machines. Today we are going to explain what locking tuners will and won’t do, […]
Way back in the golden days of rock music, recording your songs was a real chore. There was really no affordable way of doing it if you wanted to get something that sounded half decent. The only real options were to bite the bullet and spend money at a recording studio, or get by with […]
Microphones are the topic of a heated debate which has managed to divide people into two camps. As you have probably guessed it, this debate revolves around dynamic VS condenser microphones. Today we are going to take a closer look at each of these two categories of microphones, and show you that the gap between […]
The GuitarFella Team
- Playing guitars for over 8 years.
- Worked as a manager in a local guitar shop for 5 years.
- In love with his SGS from the first day he bought it.
- Passionate about helping people find the right gear.
- Loves helping beginners get their feet wet with their first guitar.
- Worked as a solo performer for 6 years. Also considers himself a great singer and songwriter.
- Owns a small recording studio in NY.
- Would pick a Taylor over a Martin anyday (personal preference).
- Co-founder of a private guitar lessons school.
- Author of “Stop Wasting Your Time, Learn Guitar!”
- Graduated with a bachelor’s degree program in music management.
- Engaged with the music industry since she was 19 years old.
- Currently works as an event promoter in San Diego.
- Thinks that the music industry is far from reaching its potential.
- Loving mother of 3 kids. All of them play the guitar!
- A guru when it comes to modifying audio related electronic circuits.
- Strong believer that you are missing out on a lot of options if you do not have a good pedal board.
- Works as a guitar tutor in a music school.
- Constantly works on improving his grounding and shielding technique.
- Spends way too much on guitar amplifiers.
- Playing nylon-stringed instruments since the beginning of time.
- Born in USA, worked for more than 20 years as a local guitar teacher in Manchester (UK).
- Co-founder of a guitar luthier school in Manchester.
- Gigs for fun at his friend’s bar when he is bored.
- Certified guitar teacher at the American Guitar Academy
- Maniac when it comes to keeping his guitar in good shape.