Newbie to the ukulele? Fear not, because in this article we’re going to take you through everything you need to know about ukulele strings and their notes. While you don’t need to memorize every single note on the fretboard to start playing the ukulele, you should, at the very least, be able to identify the […]
From the Roland TR-808 to the AKAI MPC, drum machines have changed the way popular music is made. There is no one best drum machine; it’s about finding the best one for your needs. Some producers like to build a track starting with a beat; some like to start with chords, and so on. For […]
Buying your first instrument can be a daunting task because it’s potentially the most important one you will ever buy. Your decision needs the same amount of consideration that a professional would give to spending thousands of dollars on high-end equipment. The reason we suggest this is because it plays a pivotal role in your […]
When pickups were designed for acoustic guitars – be it the traditional magnet/coil type that mounts in the soundhole or the piezo under-saddle type that is typically used – it was hailed as the greatest thing since the string winder. Think about it – no more messing around with trying to use a microphone to […]
The origins of the acoustic guitar changes depending on who you ask. We can trace early, guitar-like instruments to all corners of the world, each with a fantastic story. There are even explicit representations of guitar-like instruments found in ancient carvings, as old as 3300 years (Hittite carvings found in Turkey). Through time, there have […]
There are a few things that every guitarist should know how to do well; one is how to restring an acoustic guitar. Restringing your guitar is one of those things that will be much harder than it looks if not done correctly. Ever restrung your acoustic guitar before, only for the bridge pins to shoot […]
The GuitarFella Team
- Picked up guitar for the first time when he was 11, inspired by Ace Frehley.
- Classic rock is his style of choice.
- Proud owner of a PRS SE Custom 22 and a Peavey USA Wolfgang Special.
- Very passionate about sharing his guitar experience with as many people as he can.
- Originally a drummer, but fell in love with guitar after picking it up five years ago.
- Eclectic tastes ranging from the British Invasion to new wave, indie, jazz, and modern rock.
- Has a gear obsession, with a love for Fenders, Rickenbackers, Voxes, and Gibsons in particular.
- Currently playing a Fender Johnny Marr Signature Jaguar through a Blues Deluxe.
- An experienced musician who has worked regularly as both a performer, producer and writer.
- Has a passion for jazz, particularly the bebop era, although with plenty of interest in other genres from funk to hip hop.
- First love was the piano, although picked up the guitar after being inspired by players like Django Reinhardt and Wes Montgomery.
- A real tech geek, with a big love of synths, VST’s, effects, modular gear and production/recording tools.