Way back in the golden days of rock music, recording your songs was a real chore. There was really no affordable way of doing it if you wanted to get something that sounded half decent. The only real options were to bite the bullet and spend money at a recording studio, or get by with […]
Microphones are the topic of a heated debate which has managed to divide people into two camps. As you have probably guessed it, this debate revolves around dynamic VS condenser microphones. Today we are going to take a closer look at each of these two categories of microphones, and show you that the gap between […]
The time we live in right now is a great one for guitar players. Not so long ago, most we had was a couple of overdrives, maybe a distortion or two and a reverb. These days, things are very much different. One of the more interesting types of guitar effects pedals are modulation effects. By […]
Studio monitors are by far one of the most important pieces of gear in any recording or mixing studio. However, there are various types of studio monitors, all designed to serve a specific purpose. The one we are going to look at today is the group of near field monitors. These are probably more popular […]
The fact that most homes in the developed world have computers has completely changed the landscape when it comes to both audio and video industry. On top of that most modern computers are more than good enough to run a variety of specialized software. The overall result of this phenomenon is a larger number of […]
Finding the right set of studio monitors for your specific studio requires a bit of effort and research. There are always things you need to keep in mind, which have nothing to do with the quality of the speakers. Today we are going to talk about some of these things, and give you some general […]
The GuitarFella Team
- Playing guitars for over 8 years.
- Worked as a manager in a local guitar shop for 5 years.
- In love with his SGS from the first day he bought it.
- Passionate about helping people find the right gear.
- Loves helping beginners get their feet wet with their first guitar.
- Worked as a solo performer for 6 years. Also considers himself a great singer and songwriter.
- Owns a small recording studio in NY.
- Would pick a Taylor over a Martin anyday (personal preference).
- Co-founder of a private guitar lessons school.
- Author of “Stop Wasting Your Time, Learn Guitar!”
- Graduated with a bachelor’s degree program in music management.
- Engaged with the music industry since she was 19 years old.
- Currently works as an event promoter in San Diego.
- Thinks that the music industry is far from reaching its potential.
- Loving mother of 3 kids. All of them play the guitar!
- A guru when it comes to modifying audio related electronic circuits.
- Strong believer that you are missing out on a lot of options if you do not have a good pedal board.
- Works as a guitar tutor in a music school.
- Constantly works on improving his grounding and shielding technique.
- Spends way too much on guitar amplifiers.
- Playing nylon-stringed instruments since the beginning of time.
- Born in USA, worked for more than 20 years as a local guitar teacher in Manchester (UK).
- Co-founder of a guitar luthier school in Manchester.
- Gigs for fun at his friend’s bar when he is bored.
- Certified guitar teacher at the American Guitar Academy
- Maniac when it comes to keeping his guitar in good shape.