Electric guitars are a bit like cars – they all do roughly the same job, but they look and perform completely differently depending on the brand and the model! This is why we have put together this article, to help you learn about some of the most iconic electric guitar styles on the market – […]
Forget about Gibson (well, for now at least) – today we’re comparing two awesome Les Paul guitars made by Epiphone. The well-respected Gibson subsidiary Epiphone are famous for producing more affordable versions of Gibson’s iconic catalog, and rarely skimp on the quality or materials when building their guitars. In this comparison, we’re looking at two […]
In this day and age, technology has advance well enough for small, home recording studios to become a reality. So much so that most amateur producers are dedicating a room in their house for this specific purpose. However, a majority of people who undertake this task are focused mostly on the tech side of the […]
Whether you are writing a quiz, want to impress your friends, or just have an insatiable curiosity about guitar, a good fact always goes down very well. This is why we have compiled 12 of the most interesting facts from the world of guitar – the biggest, the smallest and the weirdest! #1 – The […]
You have your new ukulele, you know how to tune it, and now you can learn how to play your favorite songs by reading ukulele tablature or ‘tab’. The good news is that if you are familiar with guitar tab, then ukulele tab follows the same structure, so you won’t need to spend much time […]
When you can’t afford a Gibson, where do you turn? To Epiphone of course! Gibson’s more affordable – and equally respected – subsidiary Epiphone create more wallet-friendly versions of famous Gibson models, with very little compromise on quality. Today we’re checking out two variations of the iconic Les Paul, both from Epiphone – the and […]
The GuitarFella Team
- Started playing guitar 17 years ago, although still classes himself as a beginner!
- Loves ‘00s punk rock, classic heavy metal, and fingerstyle adaptions of movie themes.
- Plays a bright-green Kramer Assault 220+ and a Martin DX1RAE.
- Has written for Guitar Fella since 2016 and is now the proud site editor.
- Picked up guitar for the first time when he was 11, inspired by Ace Frehley.
- Classic rock is his style of choice.
- Proud owner of a PRS SE Custom 22 and a Peavey USA Wolfgang Special.
- Very passionate about sharing his guitar experience with as many people as he can.
- Originally a drummer, but fell in love with guitar after picking it up five years ago.
- Eclectic tastes ranging from the British Invasion to new wave, indie, jazz, and modern rock.
- Has a gear obsession, with a love for Fenders, Rickenbackers, Voxes, and Gibsons in particular.
- Currently playing a Fender Johnny Marr Signature Jaguar through a Blues Deluxe.
- An experienced musician who has worked regularly as both a performer, producer and writer.
- Has a passion for jazz, particularly the bebop era, although with plenty of interest in other genres from funk to hip hop.
- First love was the piano, although picked up the guitar after being inspired by players like Django Reinhardt and Wes Montgomery.
- A real tech geek, with a big love of synths, VST’s, effects, modular gear and production/recording tools.