It’s Been 15 Years Since ‘School of Rock’ Was Released: Here’s How to Play the Songs That Inspired a Generation of New Guitarists
When School of Rock was released in 2003, few would have predicted just how much of a legend this movie would become. Fifteen years later, in 2018, the comedy remains a cult icon and has inspired a television adaptation, a Broadway musical, and – most importantly – a generation of guitarists to pick up an […]
An experienced guitarist may question why anybody would need a lesson on holding the guitar, although they probably don’t remember the first time they were handed one! The reason is that guitars and basses are often big, cumbersome instruments, especially for beginners, and the correct way to hold one may not always be apparent. But […]
To the untrained eye, acoustic guitars can look very similar – they are all made of wood, they all have a soundhole and they all have strings. However, on closer inspection, you will find many subtle and not-so-subtle differences among the most popular styles of acoustic guitar. As such, they all have different things to […]
When you first get into recording music, you have a generally good idea of what it takes to turn an idea into a proper track. However, as you learn and get more involved in this business, you’ll find out that things aren’t always that black and white. Today we are going to focus mainly on […]
It’s the battle of the mini acoustic in today’s comparison! We’re taking a look at two popular travel-friendly guitars from top-tier brands that – on the face of it – share a lot in common. In one corner there’s Taylor’s and in the other sits Martin’s . Taylor and Martin are the undisputed heavyweight champions […]
Today we’re looking at two excellent acoustic guitars that are legends in the affordable market – the and the . Showing off qualities you’d usually expect in a much higher price range, it’s no wonder that both guitars are pushing for top spot in our chart on the best beginner acoustics. However, with an affordable […]
The GuitarFella Team
- Started playing guitar 17 years ago, although still classes himself as a beginner!
- Loves ‘00s punk rock, classic heavy metal, and fingerstyle adaptions of movie themes.
- Plays a bright-green Kramer Assault 220+ and a Martin DX1RAE.
- Has written for Guitar Fella since 2016 and is now the proud site editor.
- Picked up guitar for the first time when he was 11, inspired by Ace Frehley.
- Classic rock is his style of choice.
- Proud owner of a PRS SE Custom 22 and a Peavey USA Wolfgang Special.
- Very passionate about sharing his guitar experience with as many people as he can.
- Originally a drummer, but fell in love with guitar after picking it up five years ago.
- Eclectic tastes ranging from the British Invasion to new wave, indie, jazz, and modern rock.
- Has a gear obsession, with a love for Fenders, Rickenbackers, Voxes, and Gibsons in particular.
- Currently playing a Fender Johnny Marr Signature Jaguar through a Blues Deluxe.
- An experienced musician who has worked regularly as both a performer, producer and writer.
- Has a passion for jazz, particularly the bebop era, although with plenty of interest in other genres from funk to hip hop.
- First love was the piano, although picked up the guitar after being inspired by players like Django Reinhardt and Wes Montgomery.
- A real tech geek, with a big love of synths, VST’s, effects, modular gear and production/recording tools.