There are a few things that every guitarist should know how to do well; one is how to restring an acoustic guitar. Restringing your guitar is one of those things that will be much harder than it looks if not done correctly. Ever restrung your acoustic guitar before, only for the bridge pins to shoot […]
If you take an interest in acoustic guitars, it won’t be long till you find out dreadnought guitars are amongst the most popular. You’ll hear it so much that you won’t want to be the one to ask: What is a dreadnought guitar? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered; we will break down everything you […]
We’ve all done it at some point in our playing career. We get home from work and head straight to our favorite acoustic guitar, ready to jam out for a bit and get a little stress relief from the day. You pick it up and play a nice, rich, and full-sounding G chord. Except…it doesn’t […]
There’s something about rock ‘n roll that gets most of us fired up. We love the sound of it and cannot get enough of it. Nothing beats going to a concert to watch your artist play their guitar like it’s going out of fashion and jump around the stage with enthusiasm. Their energy is contagious […]
Imagine you’re 14 years old, and you’re gazing up at a window display of guitars, gleaming and golden, slick and polished, strings looking as though they’re aching to leap into life under your fingers. Sound familiar? It’s probably safe to say that every kid, and plenty of adults, still have this fantasy, and there’s […]
Guitar strings can be one of the most overlooked aspects of playing the guitar, which can keep you sounding great. They may seem relatively unimportant, but nothing could be further from the truth! Knowing all of the little nuances of how they can affect your playing effort and tone can make all the difference in […]
The GuitarFella Team
- Picked up guitar for the first time when he was 11, inspired by Ace Frehley.
- Classic rock is his style of choice.
- Proud owner of a PRS SE Custom 22 and a Peavey USA Wolfgang Special.
- Very passionate about sharing his guitar experience with as many people as he can.
- Originally a drummer, but fell in love with guitar after picking it up five years ago.
- Eclectic tastes ranging from the British Invasion to new wave, indie, jazz, and modern rock.
- Has a gear obsession, with a love for Fenders, Rickenbackers, Voxes, and Gibsons in particular.
- Currently playing a Fender Johnny Marr Signature Jaguar through a Blues Deluxe.
- An experienced musician who has worked regularly as both a performer, producer and writer.
- Has a passion for jazz, particularly the bebop era, although with plenty of interest in other genres from funk to hip hop.
- First love was the piano, although picked up the guitar after being inspired by players like Django Reinhardt and Wes Montgomery.
- A real tech geek, with a big love of synths, VST’s, effects, modular gear and production/recording tools.