Finger picks are a rather obscure accessory for anyone who is not an avid acoustic guitar player. Even then, only those who prefer the finger style are likely to be familiar with these picks. Today we are going to give you a short intro to finger picks, explain what they are used for and show […]
Despite how viable and popular fingerstyle technique is, there is no denying that guitar picks are the dominant choice for most guitar players out there. When you just start out with this instrument, a pick is just a necessity which you pay very little attention to. After all, just holding it correctly and getting a […]
Guitar players have a variety of accessories and tools at their disposal, all of which are aimed at enhancing one’s performance. Truth is that some of these tools are more popular than others, especially in the main stream. Guitar chairs and stools are often forgotten or written off as unnecessary. After all, there’s not much […]
Locking tuners are one of the latest hot accessories to hit the mainstream. So much so that some guitar manufacturers ship their guitars with locking tuners installed. However, there is a lot of misinformation going on about this type of tuning machines. Today we are going to explain what locking tuners will and won’t do, […]
Way back in the golden days of rock music, recording your songs was a real chore. There was really no affordable way of doing it if you wanted to get something that sounded half decent. The only real options were to bite the bullet and spend money at a recording studio, or get by with […]
Microphones are the topic of a heated debate which has managed to divide people into two camps. As you have probably guessed it, this debate revolves around dynamic VS condenser microphones. Today we are going to take a closer look at each of these two categories of microphones, and show you that the gap between […]
The GuitarFella Team
- Started playing guitar 17 years ago, although still classes himself as a beginner!
- Loves ‘00s punk rock, classic heavy metal, and fingerstyle adaptions of movie themes.
- Plays a bright-green Kramer Assault 220+ and a Martin DX1RAE.
- Has written for Guitar Fella since 2016 and is now the proud site editor.
- Picked up guitar for the first time when he was 11, inspired by Ace Frehley.
- Classic rock is his style of choice.
- Proud owner of a PRS SE Custom 22 and a Peavey USA Wolfgang Special.
- Very passionate about sharing his guitar experience with as many people as he can.
- Originally a drummer, but fell in love with guitar after picking it up five years ago.
- Eclectic tastes ranging from the British Invasion to new wave, indie, jazz, and modern rock.
- Has a gear obsession, with a love for Fenders, Rickenbackers, Voxes, and Gibsons in particular.
- Currently playing a Fender Johnny Marr Signature Jaguar through a Blues Deluxe.
- An experienced musician who has worked regularly as both a performer, producer and writer.
- Has a passion for jazz, particularly the bebop era, although with plenty of interest in other genres from funk to hip hop.
- First love was the piano, although picked up the guitar after being inspired by players like Django Reinhardt and Wes Montgomery.
- A real tech geek, with a big love of synths, VST’s, effects, modular gear and production/recording tools.