Owning a high-end Martin is a dream of many guitarists. It is an iconic brand which produces many models which possess exceptionally high quality, and the Martin D-41 Dreadnought is a classic example of what could be considered the holy grail of acoustic guitars. The models that are being created today still have the same […]
Learning how to play the guitar is exciting and frustrating at the same time. Everyone wants to play but hates the thought of countless hours spent practicing and making mistakes. There are more ways to learn guitar now than ever before, and choosing the right method for you takes some consideration. A question we hear […]
Cleaning your guitar isn’t just about cosmetics, and getting it wrong can do more harm than good. Knowing how to clean a guitar properly will increase its longevity and save you money on avoidable repairs. How to Clean Your Guitar Properly We are going to walk you through some steps to ensure you take the […]
Ask any guitarist about playing with long nails, and they’ll probably respond with stories about poor sound and worse technique. Many players even regard playing with long nails as impossible altogether. And while it’s true that long nails may be difficult to play with in certain styles, the truth is far more nuanced than a […]
Attaching the strap to your guitar may seem like a task that doesn’t require any explanation. But depending on your specific guitar, you may need to use a different process to attach the strap than others. Considering how catastrophic dropping your guitar can be, it’s well worth taking a little time to make sure you […]
Holding the pick is (obviously) an essential skill you need to master in order to learn how to play guitar. However, many players spend little or no time at all on analyzing how they grasp the pick. Poor technique can hurt you as you begin to play faster and more complex pieces of music. To […]
The GuitarFella Team
- Picked up guitar for the first time when he was 11, inspired by Ace Frehley.
- Classic rock is his style of choice.
- Proud owner of a PRS SE Custom 22 and a Peavey USA Wolfgang Special.
- Very passionate about sharing his guitar experience with as many people as he can.
- Originally a drummer, but fell in love with guitar after picking it up five years ago.
- Eclectic tastes ranging from the British Invasion to new wave, indie, jazz, and modern rock.
- Has a gear obsession, with a love for Fenders, Rickenbackers, Voxes, and Gibsons in particular.
- Currently playing a Fender Johnny Marr Signature Jaguar through a Blues Deluxe.
- An experienced musician who has worked regularly as both a performer, producer and writer.
- Has a passion for jazz, particularly the bebop era, although with plenty of interest in other genres from funk to hip hop.
- First love was the piano, although picked up the guitar after being inspired by players like Django Reinhardt and Wes Montgomery.
- A real tech geek, with a big love of synths, VST’s, effects, modular gear and production/recording tools.