Attaching the strap to your guitar may seem like a task that doesn’t require any explanation. But depending on your specific guitar, you may need to use a different process to attach the strap than others. Considering how catastrophic dropping your guitar can be, it’s well worth taking a little time to make sure you […]
Holding the pick is (obviously) an essential skill you need to master in order to learn how to play guitar. However, many players spend little or no time at all on analyzing how they grasp the pick. Poor technique can hurt you as you begin to play faster and more complex pieces of music. To […]
For beginner guitar players, one of the most frustrating aspects of many songs are the large stretches they require. Whether you need to learn how to stretch out your fingers vertically to nail solo notes or want to increase your reach horizontally to smooth out tricky barre chords, learning how to stretch your fingers out […]
Every electric guitarist needs some sort of amplifier. The pairing of guitar and amp has dominated popular music for nearly half a century and has created some of the biggest star musicians in history. Over the long term, there’s simply no replacement for the various tonal options and precise control over your guitar’s sound that […]
Few situations are more stressful for guitarists than flying. As uncomfortable as flying usually is, adding an instrument to the mix can raise the stress levels through the roof. Many airlines are notorious for damaging or outright destroying guitars in transit — and even if your instrument does survive unharmed, you’ll still feel incredibly anxious […]
In a perfect world, every bassist would have access to their own amp at all times. However, pretty much every experienced player has encountered a situation where their own rig simply wasn’t available. If you’re ever jamming with friends or playing a gig and your amp goes down, can you use a guitar amp for […]
The GuitarFella Team
- Picked up guitar for the first time when he was 11, inspired by Ace Frehley.
- Classic rock is his style of choice.
- Proud owner of a PRS SE Custom 22 and a Peavey USA Wolfgang Special.
- Very passionate about sharing his guitar experience with as many people as he can.
- Originally a drummer, but fell in love with guitar after picking it up five years ago.
- Eclectic tastes ranging from the British Invasion to new wave, indie, jazz, and modern rock.
- Has a gear obsession, with a love for Fenders, Rickenbackers, Voxes, and Gibsons in particular.
- Currently playing a Fender Johnny Marr Signature Jaguar through a Blues Deluxe.
- An experienced musician who has worked regularly as both a performer, producer and writer.
- Has a passion for jazz, particularly the bebop era, although with plenty of interest in other genres from funk to hip hop.
- First love was the piano, although picked up the guitar after being inspired by players like Django Reinhardt and Wes Montgomery.
- A real tech geek, with a big love of synths, VST’s, effects, modular gear and production/recording tools.