One mistake that rookie and professional musicians alike will make during their practice time, is playing too quickly when learning new music. You always want to get the song over with and just play through it, but that will not be beneficial to you. To make real progress with a song, you must play it […]
Technique is a huge part of being a musician. Any great musician will tell you that they didn’t get there by being born with their talents. Sure, some people have a genetic edge in the musical field, but they still need to work incredibly hard to get where they are. To become great, you need […]
The million dollar question that every beginner starts asking as soon as he puts his hands on his first guitar. Before I go into details, let me give you the short answer: “You’ll never stop learning!”. Satisfied? Thought so. Do not get me wrong on this one, I am not trying to discourage you, on […]
How are the lessons going to be structured? We will be using articles and simple pictures. While everything is moving towards video conent, we still believe that a lot can be achieved by just reading and practicing. Let us put it this way: Do you think Jimmy Hendrix started his legendary quest by watching videos? […]
There is too much misinformation about acoustic and acoustic-electric guitars. If you want to find out what makes them different from each other and in which aspects they are identical, check out our video. As always, once you are done watching you can see some of the best picks that we have prepared for you. […]
Going after your first electric guitar is a simple process once you are familiar with all of the basics. We’ve made this video for the complete beginners who always had a crush on Jimmy Page but never got into more detailed stuff. Jared will introduce you to everything you need to know before you go […]
The GuitarFella Team
- Picked up guitar for the first time when he was 11, inspired by Ace Frehley.
- Classic rock is his style of choice.
- Proud owner of a PRS SE Custom 22 and a Peavey USA Wolfgang Special.
- Very passionate about sharing his guitar experience with as many people as he can.
- Originally a drummer, but fell in love with guitar after picking it up five years ago.
- Eclectic tastes ranging from the British Invasion to new wave, indie, jazz, and modern rock.
- Has a gear obsession, with a love for Fenders, Rickenbackers, Voxes, and Gibsons in particular.
- Currently playing a Fender Johnny Marr Signature Jaguar through a Blues Deluxe.
- An experienced musician who has worked regularly as both a performer, producer and writer.
- Has a passion for jazz, particularly the bebop era, although with plenty of interest in other genres from funk to hip hop.
- First love was the piano, although picked up the guitar after being inspired by players like Django Reinhardt and Wes Montgomery.
- A real tech geek, with a big love of synths, VST’s, effects, modular gear and production/recording tools.