Amplifiers are a necessity for anyone playing electric guitar. Without one, your music won’t sound nearly as good, and playing it won’t be nearly as fun. Who likes sitting back and playing their guitar quitely? The answer, is nobody. Buying an amp can be a tricky process though. Finding the right amp for yourself, and […]
The thrill of buying a new guitar can be outrageous. You feel so amped up about playing on something different and something you can call your own. Don’t get me wrong, buying a new (or used) guitar is awesome, but there are a few things you need to buy in addition to your new axe. […]
Learning a new instrument can be a daunting and scary task. You might’ve once thought that playing guitar would be easy. Tons of people can do it, so picking up a guitar and playing might’ve sounded simple at first, but it turns out that playing isn’t as easy as it looks! If you follow the […]
If you really want to take your skills to the next level, taking guitar lessons can help. Many people learn better when they’re shown by hand, and don’t have to read music or learn on their own. A teacher can help you stay motivated as well, and give you hope that one day you can […]
The guitar pick may seem like a petty accessory to some, but if you’re a guitarist, you know that finding the right pick is almost as important as finding the right guitar. Picks can affect players more than you might think, especially new guitarists. Many guitarists through the years had their preferred pick that they […]
In today’s age if you listen to the radio you hear all different kinds of music. You hear some pop, some rock, some rap, and other genres that are displayed on the more popular stations. Most of the time though, even after switching from station to station, you can’t find any old, good rock music […]
The GuitarFella Team
- Picked up guitar for the first time when he was 11, inspired by Ace Frehley.
- Classic rock is his style of choice.
- Proud owner of a PRS SE Custom 22 and a Peavey USA Wolfgang Special.
- Very passionate about sharing his guitar experience with as many people as he can.
- Originally a drummer, but fell in love with guitar after picking it up five years ago.
- Eclectic tastes ranging from the British Invasion to new wave, indie, jazz, and modern rock.
- Has a gear obsession, with a love for Fenders, Rickenbackers, Voxes, and Gibsons in particular.
- Currently playing a Fender Johnny Marr Signature Jaguar through a Blues Deluxe.
- An experienced musician who has worked regularly as both a performer, producer and writer.
- Has a passion for jazz, particularly the bebop era, although with plenty of interest in other genres from funk to hip hop.
- First love was the piano, although picked up the guitar after being inspired by players like Django Reinhardt and Wes Montgomery.
- A real tech geek, with a big love of synths, VST’s, effects, modular gear and production/recording tools.